Tuesday, December 23, 2014

The adventure begins!!!

So, today officially marked the beginning of our 7 month adventure abroad! We spent all weekend packing up our entire house, packing bags, and making arrangements. Then, this morning we woke up at 5 AM to get to the airport! It was pretty crazy, and I couldn't wrap my mind around the fact that it would be the last time I saw my house in 7 months. Anyway, we went to the airport, ate really, REALLY expensive Peet's for breakfast (I hate the price of airport food) and then boarded the plane. Unfortunately, it wasn't one of those planes with individual TV screens with free movies, but it didn't really matter because we slept for much of the 6-hour plane ride. When we arrived in JFK, one of New York City's three airports, we had to wait for about half an hour to get our bags from the baggage claim. Then when we went outside the taxi driver that my grandmother ordered couldn't find us! It was pretty annoying because he kept calling my mom and saying, "I can see you, I'm in a black car, blah blah blah," but he didn't mention the fact he could see us because he was 10 feet away. Why he didn't just call out and say, "Here I am!" I do not know. Unfortunately, there was a TON of traffic so it took us 2 hours to get to my Grandma's house even though it usually takes only 45 minutes! I did learn a lot about New York City, though, because me and my mom were the only ones awake and she lived in NYC about 15 years ago. Anyway, we FINALLY got home and got to see everybody. I have included photos of a lot of my family, although not all. I'm really excited because tomorrow is Christmas Eve! Hope you guys all enjoy your holidays! (Christmas is the day after tomorrow and tomorrow is the last day of Hannukkah). 
Here is my grandma! She is very crazy and awesome and loves to tell stories. 

(From left to right) Here is my aunt, uncle, and cousins. My Auntie Jeanne, Uncle Koji, cousin Lena and cousin Peter. Lena is 19 at Harvard and Peter is 22 working as an engineer in LA. They're the eldest grandchildren. 
(From left to right.) Here are my closest cousins! Ella, me, Giulia, and my brother Nicholas. Ella and Giulia are Italian and live in Milan. Both of them are the craziest little girls you've ever seen, especially Ella! They're also both really sweet and have the cutest Italian accents ever.

Happy holidays, everybody! 

No comments:

Post a Comment